Heads Up! My post may contain affiliate links! If you purchase anything through those links, you won't pay a penny more but, i will get a small commission. This helps keep the lights on the blog. Thank you!
Hey KQ Tribe,
So, I was browsing through Twitter a few days ago, doing what bloggers do best. Networking and promoting blogs when I saw a tweet about some bloggers being nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award. Yours truly, thought to herself, "it would be nice to be nominated for this award.
I was like I would work towards being recognized enough to be given an award in the blogging sphere. It was like a mantra. You know the power of affirmations. You can read my post on 5 Positive Affirmations That Will Change Your Life.
That was on Friday night and then voila on Saturday evening, I got a notification that I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Isn't that grand? Just the previous day, I was thinking and wishing to be nominated for the award!
I was nominated by the talented Trinity Yana Matthews, the author of "The Lying Librarian", BA English student and blogger! Be sure to look her up and you will be delighted!
Trinity, thank you so much for nominating me for the award. I am reliving our chat on Twitter after I got the notification that you had nominated me for the award!
What Is The Sunshine Blogger Award All About?
So what is the Sunshine Blogger Award all about? The award is given to bloggers who are inspiring, positive and creative. These bloggers bring sunshine into the blogging community! It is a way to reward bloggers and also to get to know them.
To be considered and nominated for this award is a great honor! It means the world to me because it means that my voice is being heard. It also means that people are reading what I am writing and getting inspired and empowered. The blogging community is so big that to be noticed and nominated for an award would mean that you are doing something right and encourages you to do more and be more!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is guided by a set of rules and these include:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write 11 new questions for them
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post/blog
The 11 Questions (and Answers) Trinity Asked Me!
- When Did You Start Blogging? Okay, this is a little tough. Yes! I have 3 blogging start dates. Now, isn't that weird Trinity? Well, I say 3 dates because technically I started blogging in 2012! I registered a wordpress.com in 2012, wrote a blog post about honing my writing skills and left it at that! Can you beat that? The truth is my day job got in the way. Then in 2015, I dusted off my pens and WordPress and did some blogging but still did not take it seriously! Again! Yes, I know you might be disappointed lol. I was disappointed at myself too, truth be told! Being someone who single-mindedly attends to a project from start to finish, I wonder why I never got the "push" to blog. But then around July 2017, I was inspired by a story (should we say comment) the taxi guy who takes me to and from work told me and that led to the blog post on https://kingingqueen.com/the-female-child-the-african-culture-and-the-society-at-large/. This became the turning point for me. I decided to take blogging seriously and have been on it till now. I am looking forward to where the blogging journey will take me! Exciting adventures I dream! I would say, I started blogging in 2017!
- Which Of My Blog Post Am I Proud Of and Why? I would say I am proud of all my blog posts! They are all written after careful research and thoughts. A lot of planning goes into each post I have up on my blog. I have noticed that the post I did on body shaming (which is an international guest post originally) is garnering so many comments on all social media platforms and on the blog (and I see why because body shaming is fast becoming a bullying tool around the globe) but I love my blog post about life. You can also read The beautiful Chaos Called Life and you will perhaps understand the love I have for it. I am however proud of all my blog posts!
- If You Could Learn Any Skill Instantly, What Would It Be? Fashion Designing! Yes right! I love the fashion industry. The glamour, runways but most importantly, the ability to create! Doesn't that amaze you? Fashion designers dreaming up and coming up with fashion pieces we all go crazy about (oh well, maybe it is just me lol) year in, year out. It is alluring and if I could learn a skill instantly, it would be fashion designing. Oh well, I can't be everything, can I? Sigh (who knows anyway?)
- If You Could, Which Fictional World Would You Live In From Any Book or Movie? Trinity, are you shitting me right now? Like seriously? Another tough one to answer. Erm, can I get back to you on that? Ama go think about it and let you know!
- What Are Some Of Your Goals On Your Blog? Oh, this. I have big dreams. Big goals for my blog. I am looking to collaborate with big brands. Be a unique and distinct voice in the blogging community. Build a tribe of huge women following I have decided to name the KQ tribe.
- What Do You Enjoy Most About Blogging? I don't know about other bloggers but blogging is a form of therapy for me. I enjoy the freedom blogging gives me. It is my space and ama do whatever I like about spreading positive vibes!
- What Is The One Thing You Don't Enjoy About Blogging? Erm, this would be all the learning that goes with blogging! It is a whole new school Trinity! It is like I am back in the university having to learn about different courses so I could graduate! Yeah, yeah, learning is good but this whole new school on SEO, content marketing, Email marketing, Affiliate, and all whatnots is certainly not enjoyable at the moment! Someone, tell me. Why can't I just blog without worrying about all those terms and jargons?!
- What Makes You Happy? I am happy when everything falls into place as planned! I am happy when people around me are happy also. I am happy when I am tucked in my apartment, reading a good book!
- What Are Some Other Hobbies, Job or Sport You Are Involved In? My other hobbies would be reading and watching football. I am a die-hard Chelsea and Barca football clubs fan (who says I can't support two clubs? duhhhhh). I have a day job. I am an Engineer. For now, I am not involved in any sport (i am lazy like that, thank you and no it is not anyone's business hahahahahaha).
- What Do I do To Relax? Reading relaxes me a lot. It is my escape. Always been and always will. I also tend to give myself alternative baths to relax when I am stressed but generally I just read.
- What's The Most Random Thing You've Blogged About? I am yet to blog about anything random but I however have a 30 Day Blog Challenge coming up in March (starting tomorrow so stay tuned KQ tribe and be part of it!)
Phewww! Did I answer all 11 questions? You all help me crosscheck and let me know!
Meanwhile as is the tradition of the Sunshine Blogger Award, I hereby nominate these 11 wonderful bloggers for the award also!
- Ivy Doyle
- Be your own kind
- Monica (Torn Pages)
- Pinar Rawlins
- Garrett Graphics
- Neeru Sharma
- Megha Rastogi
- Tanethia Holden
...And these are my 11 questions for the nominated bloggers!
- Why did you start blogging?
- What inspires you most in life?
- What are your favorite blogging tools?
- Who is your favorite blogger?
- If you could stop something in the blogging community, what would it be?
- What is your favorite past time?
- What do you do to de-stress?
- What motivates you to write?
- What do you intend to achieve with your blog?
- What informed the name of your blog?
- What is your biggest inspiration from the blogging community?
I am looking forward to your responses! I look forward to clinking glasses to more awards and recognition throughout the year. More power lovelies!